*Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is accurate as of 04/01/2021. Account is subject to early withdrawal penalty. Fees could reduce earnings. The Bank may change or cancel this offer at any time without notice. To obtain the APY, account must be opened via CTBC Online Banking. Offer does not apply to an account opened at a CTBC branch location. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Online Personal CD Account FAQs
• What is the minimum account balance to open my account?
The minimum account opening balance to open a CTBC Online Personal CD Account is $5,000.
• How can I fund my Online Personal CD Account?
• Deposit at a local CTBC branch • Phone Transfers for existing CTBC Bank customer. • Send a check by U.S. mail (we don’t accept cash). The check must be payable to you and endorsed with your name and indicate "For Deposit Only to CTBC Bank" and your account number. Mail to: CTBC Bank – VB Customer Support 56 E. Duarte Rd. Unit 108 Arcadia, CA 91006
• Can I make additional deposits to my CD?
Additional deposits cannot be made during the term of any CD. However, once your CD matures, you can deposit additional funds once during the grace period.
• Can I find my CD maturity date online?
Yes. Click here to log into your account. Once logged in, select your CD Account on the “Account Summary” page. Your maturity date will be displayed in the CD account details.
• What happens when my CD matures?
We will send you a notification 30 days before your CD matures. When your CD matures, you may make a deposit or withdrawal and change the term of your CD during the grace period. The grace period lasts for 10 days immediately following the maturity date. Your CD will automatically renew if you don't take any action during the grace period and interest withdrawn on the account will not affect the grace period. Any term change, deposit, or withdrawal of principal during the grace period will end the grace period. In some cases, the Early Withdrawal Penalty may reduce the principal in the CD.
• What fees and services charge are associated with my Online CD account?
Please refer to the Schedule of Fee provided with the Truth in Savings Disclosures in your Welcome Package or contact Customer Service at 1-888-889-9369.
• When will I start earning interest on new Online Personal CD Account?
Once an Account is opened, interest begins to accrue on a deposit on the Business Day we receive your deposit.
• How is interest on my Online Personal CD calculated?
Interesting is compounded daily and credited to your account monthly.
• Is the Online Personal CD Account FDIC-insured?
Yes. Funds on deposit at CTCB Bank are FDIC-insured up to maximum allowed by law.